Thinking about paying for a Hinge Preferred Membership?
This Hinge Preferred review has everything you need to know about Hinge’s premium upgrade, including how much it costs, what benefits you’ll get, and when it’s worth it!
How Much Does Hinge Cost?
The Hinge Preferred member price varies from $4.99 to $9.99 per month, depending on how many months you pay for up front:
Hinge Preferred Benefits
- Unlimited Likes
- See everyone who “liked” you in one view
- Unlock the advanced preferences
- Get access to Hinge experts
Let’s take a closer look at each perk.
Unlimited Likes: The biggest advantage to upgrading Hinge is the unlimited “likes.” Free users are limited to “liking” 10 profiles a day, which can get used up quickly if you live in an area with a ton of users.
See Who Liked You: As a premium user, you can also see all the users at once who have already “liked” your profile. Without upgrading, you can only view the profiles one at a time, making a “like” or “skip” decision as you go through them.
Advanced Preferences: These are additional filters you can use to pre-screen your matches. Without upgrading, you’re limited to gender, location, age range, maximum distance, height, ethnicity, and religion.
The Preferred Preferences allow you to screen more in-depth for bigger compatibility considerations, including Children, Family Plans, Education, Politics, Drinking, Smoking, Marijuana, and Drugs.
Both paid and free member Hinge members can specify any of the preferences as a dealbreaker, which can also help narrow down your potential match pool.
But one caveat – only make a preference a “dealbreaker” if it truly is. If you get too specific, you may end up missing out on people you would have really clicked with despite not being quite perfect on paper.
Hinge Experts: Premium subscribers can get help choosing the best photos and conversation starters, as well as get advice on which prompts have the “best stats.” However, Hinge doesn’t provide any indication of how quickly you can expect to get that feedback.
Is Hinge Preferred Worth It?
Yes, if you’re on Hinge to find a serious, committed relationship and you live in a big city with a lot of other users.
Here are 3 reasons why the Hinge upgrade is worth the price:
- Hinge’s daily like limit for free users is 10 – and that’s pretty low, especially considering the type of high-quality singles this popular dating app attracts. Upgrading is likely worth it just to avoid the frustration of having to wait until the next day for more.
- If your profile gets a lot of action (and it will if you optimize your photos and prompt answers), being able to see who already expressed interest in one grid view is convenient, and potentially a huge time saver. You can start with the singles who interest you most, rather than deciding on one profile in order to see the next one, and so on.
- Being able to pre-screen your matches for “ideal partner” must haves like whether or not someone wants kids or shares your faith can also be a huge time saver.
When Is Hinge Preferred Not Worth It?
- If you live in a less densely populated area, and you find yourself frequently running out of profiles to view in your Discovery feed. If increasing your distance preference doesn’t work (or you’ve maxed out how far you want to travel to date someone), the premium membership won’t really help you much.
- If you’ve got no Hinge matches, Hinge Preferred isn’t a magical wand you can wave to make people start “liking” your profile. Start with seeing if you’re making any of these common Hinge mistakes, or let the Hinge experts at VIDA help!
Are You Looking For Your Ideal Partner On Hinge?
That’s not a search you want to take lightly! From which prompts you choose to how you market yourself through your photos, everything in your Hinge profile needs to highlight all the reasons why you’re relationship material.
The dating experts at VIDA have been helping singles shine online since 2009 – and we can help you too! In fact, VIDA does more than just “help” – we handle everything!
Our professional writers will handle your profile creation and message exchanges, and our photo editors will ensure you’ve got the best possible lineup! We’ll even hook you up with a local pro photographer if needed, and take care of any light touch ups!
Meeting “The One” on Hinge – or any other dating app – doesn’t have to be hard, frustrating, or time consuming. See what VIDA can do for you! Click here.