I hope you enjoy reading the blog post.
If you want my team to just do your Hinge for you, click here to chat with me.
Hinge+ Review 2023: Is The Premium Upgrade Worth It?
Thinking about paying for a Hinge+ membership?
Hinge+ used to be called Hinge Preferred, but a few things changed with the 2023 rebrand. From cost to what features you unlock when you upgrade, this Hinge+ review has all the details you need to decide if paying for Hinge is the right move.
Hinge+ Review Table of Contents
Let's start with the price tag...
How Much Does Hinge+ Cost?
Hinge+ costs $29.99 for a single month. That’s less expensive than when Hinge’s premium upgrade was called Hinge Preferred.
The price dropped when Hinge added a higher membership tier called HingeX which runs $49.99 for 1 month.
As with most dating apps, the longer your subscription, the lower the monthly cost. The Hinge+ member price varies from $14 to $19 per month.
|2023 Hinge+ Membership Cost*|
|$29.99 - 1 month|
|$59.99 - 3 months ($19/month)|
|$89.99 - 6 months ($14/month)|
|*Cost may vary by location|
What does Hinge+ give you?
When you purchase a Hinge+ membership, here are all the benefits you get:
-No daily “likes” limit
-See everyone who “liked” you all at once
-Unlock the advanced preferences
-Advanced sorting options
Let’s take a closer look at each perk.
No More Daily “Likes” Limit
One of the biggest advantages to upgrading Hinge is the unlimited likes. Free users are limited to “liking” 8 profiles a day. Those can get used up quickly if you live in an area with a ton of users.
See Who Liked You
As a premium user, you can also see all the users at once who have already “liked” your profile. Without Hinge+, you can only view the profiles one at a time, making a “like” or “skip” decision as you go through them.
These are additional filters you can use to pre-screen your matches. Without upgrading to Hinge+, you’re limited to gender, location, age range, maximum distance, ethnicity, and religion.
The Advanced Preferences allow you to screen more in-depth for bigger compatibility considerations. Criteria include Height, Children, Family Plans, Education, Politics, Drinking, Smoking, Marijuana, and Drugs.
Both paid and free Hinge members can specify any of the preferences as a dealbreaker. That helps narrow down your potential match pool.
But one caveat - only make a preference a “dealbreaker” if it truly is. If you get too specific, you may end up missing out on people you would have really clicked with despite not being quite perfect on paper.
Advanced Sorting Options
When Hinge Preferred changed to Hinge+, all the match preference filters stayed the same. But with Hinge+, this popular dating app added new ways to sort all your incoming likes and Discover profiles.
At the top of the screen, Hinge+ users can choose to filter profiles by Compatible, Active Today, Nearby and New Here.
To change how you sort the profiles, simply tap the button for the filter you want to sort by:
Is Hinge Plus Worth It?
VIDA Select's team of dating experts have logged thousands and thousands of hours on Hinge, representing our clients and sending messages on their behalf.
Based on our first-hand experience, we believe Hinge+ is worth it if you’re on Hinge to find a serious, committed relationship and you live in a big city with a lot of other users. According to the app, upgraded members get twice as many dates.
Here are 3 reasons why the Hinge+ upgrade is worth the price:
- Hinge’s daily like limit for free users is 8. And that’s pretty low, especially considering the type of high-quality singles this popular dating app attracts. Upgrading is likely worth it just to avoid the frustration of having to wait until the next day for more.
- If your profile gets a lot of action (and it will if you optimize your photos and prompt answers), seeing who already expressed interest in one grid view is convenient. It's also potentially a huge time saver. You can start with the singles who interest you most, rather than deciding on one profile in order to see the next one, and so on.
- Pre-screening your matches for “ideal partner” must-haves like whether or not someone wants kids or shares your faith can also be a huge time saver.
When Is Hinge+ Not Worth It?
- If you live in a less densely populated area, and you find yourself frequently running out of profiles to view in your Discovery feed. Try increasing your distance preference and take a look at the other filters to see if you can be less restrictive. If that doesn’t work (or you’ve maxed out how far you want to travel to date someone), the premium membership won’t really help you much.
- If you’ve got no Hinge matches, Hinge+ isn’t a magical wand you can wave to make people start “liking” your profile. You don't have to pay to see the best people on Hinge - you need the type of profile that attracts them to you. Start with seeing if you’re making any of these common Hinge mistakes, or let the Hinge experts at VIDA help!
Are You Looking For Your Ideal Partner On Hinge?
That’s not a search you want to take lightly! From which prompts you choose to how you market yourself through your photos, everything in your Hinge profile needs to highlight all the reasons why you’re relationship material.
The dating experts at VIDA have been helping singles shine online since 2009. We can help you too! In fact, VIDA does more than just “help” - we handle everything!
Our professional writers will handle your profile creation and message exchanges, and our photo editors will ensure you’ve got the best possible lineup! We’ll even hook you up with a local pro photographer if needed, and take care of any light touch ups!
Meeting “The One” on Hinge - or any other dating app - doesn’t have to be hard, frustrating, or time consuming. See what VIDA can do for you!
Want us to do your online dating for you?
Hey, I'm Ally, VIDA Select's Director of Matchmaking.
We take all the frustration, hard work and hassle out of modern dating!
Imagine your very own Dream Team of highly skilled dating experts searching for the very best local matches, sparking their interest, and arranging all the dates for you.
Wouldn't it be nice to finally stop swiping and start dating higher quality matches so you can meet someone special?
We've helped thousands of singles just like you since 2009, and we're ready to make you our next success story!
What are you waiting for? Take the next step now…