EliteSingles, which markets itself as a dating site for serious relationship seekers only, promises to make finding a needle in a haystack easier by removing all the chaff – and it works by relying on an extensive personality test to find users high-quality matches quickly.
But does it work – and is it worth the money? This review has the answers you’re looking for to decide if you should give it a shot – or if you’re better off sticking with a more popular dating site like Match.com or an exclusive dating app like The League.
|Exclusive Bonus: Download our 5 favorite conversation starters to get immediate response from attractive women.|
EliteSingles Cost & Features
Signing up, posting a photo, and creating a profile are free. But you won’t get much out of the site unless you become a paid member.
Free users receive 3-7 matches a day, but you can’t see photographs or send personalized messages without a subscription.
There are three paid membership levels, Light, Classic and Comfort.
How much it costs to join Elite Singles depends on the level you choose, the premium features you want included, and whether or not there are any membership specials running at the moment in your area.
Here is a ballpark idea of the cost and which features come with each tier:
Pros & Cons: Is Elite Singles Right For You?
There are some advantages to using Elite Singles:
- One of this elite dating site's main claims to fame is that 85% of their users have an “above average” education. So if you’re looking at EliteSingles vs Match, it has a slight edge over Match in the education department. Match claims 74% of its users have either some college or a college degree.
- EliteSingles attract singles who are actively seeking a long-term relationship, so the matches you’ll receive are typically serious about finding someone and less likely to flake on a real-life date or video call.
- As with most dating sites that require a paid subscription to send messages, you’ll encounter far fewer fake profiles.
Elite Singles also has some potentially big disadvantages:
- Members must upgrade to see pictures and be matched with premium members – so you’ll have to invest in a subscription before you know if there are any people in your area who intrigue you.
- Premium members can’t freely browse the database. You’re totally reliant on the site’s matching algorithm, which relies heavily on answers to their 5-Factor Personality Questionnaire. It scores users on a bell curve for traits like easygoingness and emotional stability – which are difficult to quantify on a dating site. That’s one reason researchers claim matching algorithms don’t work.
- The majority users are 30+, so if you’re looking for younger matches you probably won’t find them here.
- There aren’t any real Elite Singles requirements – so unlike exclusive dating apps like The League where profiles have to pass through a screening process, anyone can create a profile.
- One of the most common complaints about Elite Singles is matches who don’t fit your specified criteria. For example, they are far outside the set distance range, often by 100+ miles.
VERDICT: While EliteSingles does have attractive, intelligent singles in its membership pool, you’ll likely get more high-quality matches in a shorter amount of time on a more popular site like Match or MillionaireMatch, where you can freely search for profiles that catch your eye.
Setting Up Your Elite Singles Profile
The first step is specifying gender for you and your matches, then providing an email address and password. You’re then prompted to answer a series of 200+ questions that identifies 29 “unique personality traits” that will help EliteSingles find your ideal matches.
The personality test is based on the “Five-Factor Model of Personality”, which was developed in the 90s and identifies five personality dimensions:
Questions include your age, how important your match’s age is, your education level, etc. According to the site, this initial questionnaire should only take 20 minutes to get through.
Prepare to dedicate some time to the questions, as your answers will directly affect which matches are deemed suitable for you. Grab a cup of coffee (or a cocktail) and get ready for some self reflection:
A lot of self reflection:
After filling out 10+ screen’s worth of dots, you get a slight break by answering a fill in the blank question regarding the 3 things you’re most thankful for in life. Then back to the dots. So many dots, interspersed with more fill in the blank questions.
When you complete the free form questions, put some thought into the answers. Highlight your most attractive qualities, and keep your answers short and packed with specific details that will catch her eye and make her curious to know more about you.
Think about what your answers say between the lines. For instance, take this answer to the question asking what 2 or 3 activities you enjoy doing in your leisure time:
In four short sentences, you’ve let her know that you’re physically and financially fit enough to go scuba diving, you travel, you enjoy cooking, and you have a social life. All attractive qualities, and because you went the “show, don’t tell” route it’s interesting to read.
When you’re done filling in all the dots, you’ll have an opportunity to upload photos. You have the ability to use up to 24 photos, but it’s almost impossible to look equally attractive in more than 7.
Aim for a range of 3-7, since you can’t really showcase your full personality in just 1 or 2. This dating photo advice will help you double your attractiveness!
Next up, you’ll be presented with 7 profile questions where you describe things like “Which of your qualities do you think stand out in particular,” and “In which places or situations do you feel most comfortable.”
Remember, she’s looking for husband material. Women are attracted to traits like bravery, courage, and a willingness to take risks, so tell stories that show how you embody those traits. Throw in an example or two of your DIY skills, love for travel, and ability to fit in at a social event, and you’re golden.
Just when you think you’re done… you’re not. You have two more profile sections to complete: “About Me” and “Likes & Dislikes.”
The About Me portion is a series of fields to fill out, like “How I describe myself” and “What my partner should know about me.”
The Likes & Dislikes section presents you with a list of statements regarding your partner, from which you pick the 10 that are most important to you and the 10 you dislike most in a relationship.
You can view the results of your personality test in the “Personality Profile” section:
While the results are interesting, researchers have cast doubts on how effective online dating algorithms truly are at predicting real-world, long-term compatibility.
As noted psychologist and researcher Dr. Eli Finkel put it:
“It is virtually impossible to succeed at the task many matching sites have set for themselves… Despite grand claims to the contrary, it is unlikely that any matching algorithm based upon data collected before people have encountered each other can be effective at identifying partners who are compatible for a long-term relationship.”
Meet Incredible Singles (Without All The Work)
Most researchers can agree that you can’t truly know how you feel about someone until you’re face to face on a date. No matter what dating sites you want to use, VIDA will get you dates with the high-quality, intelligent women you want to meet.
From start to finish, we’ll handle everything for you. All you have to do is show up and let the chemistry kick in! Click here to find out more.