I hope you enjoy reading the blog post.
If you want my team to just do your online dating for you, click here.
Elite Singles Reviews (2023) - Is This Dating Site Any Good?
Since you’re looking for Elite Singles reviews, chances are you’re having trouble finding high-quality matches on apps Bumble and Hinge.
EliteSingles markets itself as a dating site for serious relationship seekers only. Promising to make finding a needle in a haystack easier by removing all the chaff, it relies on an extensive personality test to find users compatible matches quickly.
But does EliteSingles work - and is it worth the money?
Elite Singles Review Table of Contents
This review has the answers you’re looking for to decide if you should give it a shot - or if you’re better off sticking with a more exclusive dating app like The League.
EliteSingles Cost & Features
Signing up, posting a photo, and creating a profile on Elite Singles is free. That being said, you won’t get much out of the site unless you become a paid member.
Free users receive 3-7 matches (what they call "partner suggestions") a day, but you can’t see photographs or send personalized messages without a subscription.
The Premium membership unlocks these features:
- Unlimited messaging
- Viewing all photos
- Having your profile suggested to other members more frequently
- Use of the Elite Singles mobile app
- Message read receipts
- Detailed personality profile
- "Have You Met"
How much it costs to join Elite Singles depends largely on the length of your membership, whether or not there are any membership specials running at the moment in your area, and where you live.
But this will give you a ballpark idea of the cost:
|2023 Elite Singles Cost|
|3 months - $57.95/month|
|6 months - $44.95/month|
|12 months - $31.95/month|
It's worth noting that Elite Singles charges the entire subscription cost in one lump sum, rather than paying each month. It will also be auto-renewed unless you cancel it ahead of time.
Have You Met
This feature shows up to 20 extra "Wild Card" matches each day. Like Tinder, you "like" or "pass" on each one. These Wild Card matches consist of profiles the algorithm deems potentially compatible but may be outside of your stated preferences.
As a premium member, you can comment on a specific photo or profile section of a potential match as a way to spark a conversation. This makes figuring out how to break the ice a lot easier!
Viewing Photos & Unlimited Messaging
This is why using Elite Singles for free isn't really feasible. You need the premium upgrade to see what your matches look like, and communicate with them beyond just sending a "wink".
Pros & Cons: Is Elite Singles Right For You?
Using Elite Singles has some advantages:
- This elite dating site claims 85% of users have an “above average” education. So if you’re looking at EliteSingles vs Match, it has a slight edge over Match in the education department. Match claims 74% of its users have either some college or a college degree.
- EliteSingles attracts singles who are actively seeking a long-term relationship. As with most paid dating sites, the matches you’ll receive are typically serious about finding someone and less likely to flake on a real-life date or video call.
- You’ll probably encounter fewer fake profiles. Sites requiring a paid subscription to send messages generally have less of a problem with scammers and bots.
Elite Singles also has some potentially big disadvantages:
- Users must upgrade to see pictures and match with premium members. That means you’ll have to invest in a premium membership before you know if there are any people in your area who intrigue you.
- You can’t freely browse the database. You’re totally reliant on the site’s matching algorithm, which relies heavily on answers to their 5-Factor Personality Questionnaire. It scores users on a bell curve for traits like easygoingness and emotional stability - which are difficult to quantify on a dating site. That’s one reason researchers claim matching algorithms don’t work.
- The majority of users are 30+. If you’re looking for younger matches you probably won’t find them here.
- Elite Singles doesn't have any requirements to join. Unlike exclusive dating apps such as The League where profiles have to pass through a screening process, anyone can create a profile.
- One of the most common complaints about Elite Singles is matches who don’t fit your specified criteria. For example, they are far outside the set distance range, often by 100+ miles.
EliteSingles Review Verdict
Is Elite Singles any good?
Elite Singles reviews are a mixed bag. Both SiteJabber and TrustPilot rate it a dismal 1 star based on user reviews. A complaint common to both reviews sites is a lack of quality matches.
The app store's rating is a little better, clocking in at 3 stars.
Customer experience can be subjective, but there is one fact you’ll definitely want to consider before paying for Elite Singles:
While this dating site does have attractive, intelligent singles in its membership pool, you can't search for Elite Singles members on your own.
That alone is reason to consider skipping EliteSingles in lieu of a dating site that does allow you to freely browse the user pool.
You’ll likely get more high-quality matches in a shorter amount of time on a more popular site like Match or MillionaireMatch.
Setting Up Your Elite Singles Profile
You can create a profile via the dating website, or by downloading the EliteSingles app for Android or iOS.
The first step is specifying gender for you and your matches, then providing an email address and password. You’re then prompted to answer a series of 200+ questions to identify 29 “unique personality traits” that will help EliteSingles find your ideal matches.
Taking The Personality Test
The personality test is based on the “Five-Factor Model of Personality”, which was developed in the 90s and identifies five personality dimensions:
Questions include your age, the importance of your match’s age, your education level, etc. According to the site, this initial questionnaire only takes 20 minutes to get through.
Prepare to dedicate some time to the questions, as your answers directly affect which matches are deemed suitable for you. Grab a cup of coffee (or a cocktail) and get ready for some self-reflection as you answer questions like this one:
After filling out multiple screen’s worth of dots, you get a slight break by answering a fill in the blank question regarding the 3 things you’re most thankful for in life. Then back to the dots. So many dots, interspersed with more fill in the blank questions.
You can view some of the results of your personality test in the “Personality Profile” section. For instance, you can see where you score along a spectrum for Elite Singles' "Big 5" personality factors like "Conscientiousness."
It will also compare how your rating compares to other users:
While the results are interesting, researchers have cast doubts on how effective online dating algorithms truly are at predicting real-world, long-term compatibility.
As noted psychologist and researcher Dr. Eli Finkel put it:
“It is virtually impossible to succeed at the task many matching sites have set for themselves… Despite grand claims to the contrary, it is unlikely that any matching algorithm based upon data collected before people have encountered each other can be effective at identifying partners who are compatible for a long-term relationship.”
Unlocking the full results of the personality tests requires a paid membership.
Elite Singles Profile Questions
When you complete the free form questions, put some thought into the answers. Highlight your most attractive qualities, and keep your answers short and packed with specific, eye-catching details that will make people curious to know more about you.
Think about what your answers communicate between the lines.
For instance, take this answer to the question asking what 2 or 3 activities you enjoy doing in your leisure time:
In four short sentences, you’ve let her know you’re physically and financially fit enough to go scuba diving, you travel, you enjoy cooking, and you have a social life. All attractive qualities, and because you went the “show, don’t tell” route it’s interesting to read.
You’ll also be presented with 7 profile questions where you describe things like “Which of your qualities do you think stand out in particular” and “In which places or situations do you feel most comfortable.”
Remember, she’s looking for husband material. Women are attracted to traits like bravery, courage, and a willingness to take risks, so tell stories that show how you embody those traits. Throw in an example or two of your DIY skills, love for travel, and ability to fit in at a social event, and you’re golden.
Just when you think you’re done… you’re not. You have two more profile sections to complete: “About Me” and “Likes & Dislikes.”
The About Me portion is a series of fields to fill out, like “How I describe myself” and “What my partner should know about me.”
The Likes & Dislikes section presents you with a list of statements regarding your partner. You pick the 10 that seem most important to you and the 10 you dislike most in a relationship.
Choosing The Best Profile Pics
Elite Singles allows you to use up to 24 photos, but looking equally attractive in more than 7 presents a challenge. One poor photo in a lineup can have disastrous consequences, so aim for quality over quantity.
A range of 3-7 generally works best, since you can’t really showcase your full personality in just 1 or 2. This dating photo advice will help you double your attractiveness!
Your matches pay for the privilege of seeing your photos, so you need to make them worth it. Blurry, dark, grainy or otherwise low-quality pics won’t impress anyone, and your response rate will likely suffer for it.
Your primary pic requires careful consideration, as it pops up in her daily recommendations and in the Tinder-esque “Have You Met” feature.
For maximum impact, your Elite Singles primary photo should:
- Be a closeup, rather than a full-length body photo. “Headshots” outperformed other types of photos in terms of attractiveness in a Tinder study. Including a full-length photo is important, but save it for later in your lineup.
- Have enough contrast to make your image “pop”. Online dating photos need to be eye-catching. A bright color immediately commands attention and helps you stand out from the background.
- Provide an unobstructed view of your face - especially your eyes. Sunglasses and anything else that impedes eye contact or hides your face make it more difficult to feel connected to the photo.
Your photo lineup is the most important aspect of any dating profile, so why not benefit from a few scientific insights into the art of attraction? Check out these dating photo tips based on research!
Meet Incredible Singles (Without All The Work)
Most researchers can agree that you can’t truly know how you feel about someone until you’re face to face on a date. No matter what dating sites you want to use, VIDA will get you dates with the high-quality, intelligent women you want to meet.
From start to finish, we’ll handle everything for you. All you have to do is show up and let the chemistry kick in! Click here to find out more.
Want us to do your online dating for you?
Hey, I'm Ally, VIDA Select's Director of Matchmaking.
We take all the frustration, hard work and hassle out of modern dating!
Imagine your very own Dream Team of highly skilled dating experts searching for the very best local matches, sparking their interest, and arranging all the dates for you.
Wouldn't it be nice to finally stop swiping and start dating higher quality matches so you can meet someone special?
We've helped thousands of singles just like you since 2009, and we're ready to make you our next success story!
What are you waiting for? Take the next step now…