When it comes to profile writing, shorter definitely doesn’t = easier.
Highlight a few attractive traits, build up some intrigue and attraction, make her want to swipe right or return your message… that’s a tall order for a small character count.
But if you want to meet the best women in your area, that’s exactly what your profile needs to accomplish.
These 13 short dating profile examples will make you irresistible, and you can find one to use on any app or site!
|Instant Bonus: Get a downloadable version of The 8 Irresistible Profile Examples so you can copy & paste your way to more dates on any online dating site or app you choose.|
Before you get started, stealing a trick from pro dating profile writers may help.
Jot down a list of hobbies you have, especially those you'd like to share with your ideal partner. Also write down the traits you possess that your perfect match is probably looking for in a man, and a few thoughts about what you love about your job.
Having that information visible in front of you will likely make the profile writing process a bit easier, as you can use it to customize one of these good profile examples!
Specific details make your profile seem more genuine, and that's important – a recent study revealed 84% of online daters want to see more authenticity.
Dr. Cortney Warren, a clinical psychologist who offered commentary on the results, said the majority of singles want honest, straight-forward information in profiles.
One of the most important findings in the study is that singles are not interested in seeing an idealized depiction of potential partners through edited photos and unrealistic positive self-descriptors. The truth is, singles want more honest, authentic depictions of others and themselves on dating apps. A more realistic portrayal of each individual will not only be refreshing, but also lead to more meaningful connections.
Super Short Online Dating Profile Examples
On some apps like The League, your bio has a 140-character limit. That means you’ve got a couple sentences max to make a good impression, which is crucial if you want a shot at meeting her in person.
You don’t have enough space to tell, so you need to show why you’re a good catch. (Professional generally take this approach with an online dating profile of any length, by the way, since it makes your profile more attractive to daters.)
Pick a few traits that illustrate why you’re a good catch, and roll with those. Occupation = financial stability, active hobby = physically fit and adventurous, travel = good times together… get the picture?
Here are 4 examples of super short dating profiles that really work:
Women connect better with some words than others in a dating profile. For instance, Wired magazine found these were the 7 most attractive active hobbies for guys:
If you’re a vegetarian or a vegan, mention it – you’ll get up to 52% and 62% more messages, respectively.
And, as it turns out, nice guys are back in fashion. Using these “power” words in your online dating profile get you more messages:
Remember, the shorter your dating profile is, the more impact each word has. You need to make yourself sound like an intriguing person, not like every other guy out there:
Most dating app profiles display your first name. Don’t waste valuable real estate repeating it in your bio.
On CoffeeMeetsBagel, your profile is a little longer – but 276 characters max still isn’t much real estate. Make every word count with a profile like this:
300 Character Or Less Online Dating Profile Examples
When you’re choosing a profile style, keep these 3 factors in mind:
- Your age
- The age of your “ideal partner”
- What type of relationship you’re seeking
A woman in her 20s who’s looking for a more casual relationship will likely respond better to the type of humor in the last profile example than a woman in her late 30s looking for something serious would.
On the other hand, if you’re a 35+ guy looking for a serious relationship, choose a profile like the second example.
The more down-to-earth approach will attract women who are looking for an established, successful man.
If you want to use one of these examples for a section of a longer online dating profile on a site like OkCupid, simply move the call-to-action to the end of your profile. That’s the line at the very end that tells her what to do next, i.e. message you or swipe right.
Asking a question, like in the examples above, is also a good CTA. It takes all the pressure off her to decide what to say in her first message to you – all she needs to do is simply answer the question, and you can take it from there. This is crucial for an app like Bumble, where a man can't initiate the conversation with a woman.
|Pro Tip: A dating profile should make you look and sound like a great catch, but bragging about yourself isn’t hot. Instead, let another source do it for you. This technique is called “high warranting/low self-representation”, and it’s the most attractive way to approach dating profile writing.
For instance, rather than writing that you’re an awesome photographer, link your Instagram to Tinder or Bumble so she can draw that conclusion on her own.
500 Character Or Less Dating Profile Examples
Check out these 3 good dating profile examples for guys:
The longer your dating profile is, the more chances you have to inadvertently turn her off.
Here are 5 common profile mistakes guys make:
- Writing a boring list. Whether it’s a list of adjectives to describe yourself or your top 5 hobbies, reading a bunch of words separated by commas just isn’t very compelling.
- Bad grammar. Misspelled words and poor (or no) punctuation stand out like a sore thumb in short dating profiles. You may think ignoring your phone’s spell check is no big deal, but it’s a turn off for her. A whopping 88% of women judge a potential date by their grammar, and putting effort into your dating profile shows you’re serious about meeting someone.
- Being too honest. While there a few select spots where it’s okay to fudge a bit in your dating profile, honesty is generally the best policy. But *too much* of it is a bad thing. Anything that hints at past drama or throws up an immediate red flag should not be included in your profile. “Heavy” topics are best addressed in person, when you’ve already gotten to know each other a bit. Knowing what you should – and shouldn't – include can be tricky, which is why many guys hire a profile writing service.
- Focusing on the negative. Whether you're expounding on what you don't like, don't want, don't appreciate in a date, or hate about the dating app, what you probably are doing is turning her off. Negativity, particularly coming from someone you don't know anything about yet, is not very attractive and has no place in your profile.
- Making her think you're a “project.” Competition is already fierce, and most girls aren't consciously looking for a guy who needs a little fixing up or encouragement. Even if you do need someone to draw you out of your shell or help you find love again, stick with mentioning positive attributes in your profile.
Get Ready For More Matches and Messages
These 13 short dating site bio examples really work – you’ll be getting more matches and messages in no time.
But what if you could get even better results, without spending endless amounts of time swiping or struggling to write the perfect message?
After all, having an irresistible profile is just the beginning. There’s a lot of competition for the highest quality women, no matter what site or app you’re on. That means it's not just about your bio – you need to bring your A game to every aspect of online dating, from your photos to your profile to your messages.
Sound like work? Yup. Online dating is time consuming, there’s no way around it. For the average man, it’s practically the equivalent of a part-time job.
But it doesn’t have to be like that. With VIDA, you’ll meet the intelligent, attractive women you’ve been looking for, without all the stress, frustration, and time.
How is that possible? Simple – our team of dating experts does it all for you, from our dating profile writing service to modern matchmaking!
We’ll identify the most highly qualified matches in your area, break the ice with proven conversation starters, handle all your back-and-forth message writing, and even set up your dates for you with the matches you like best!
If you’re ready to stop wasting time and finally meet your ideal partner, click here to make it happen.