I hope you enjoy reading the blog post.
If you want to chat now about your matchmaking search, click here.
How To Choose A Dating Agency In 4 Simple Steps
You’ve given Match.com, Tinder or one of the other countless dating platforms a shot, but you’ve yet to meet your dream girl.
Meanwhile, browsing profiles, coming up with witty opening lines, sending endless back-and-forth messages... online dating can quickly begin to feel like a part-time job!
Without the results to show for it, it's no wonder you're thinking it's time to give up on and give a try.
You want to meet higher quality women, and you’d like to meet them without the frustration and exhaustion of modern dating.
|Exclusive Bonus: Download our 5 favorite conversation starters to get immediate response from attractive women.|
Hiring a matchmaking agency to do all the heavy lifting for you may sound like a great idea, but where do you even start?
There are literally 100s of new matchmaking services popping up each year, and the industry’s highly unregulated. Between the five-figure membership fees and downright scams, picking the right matchmaker can be just as difficult as finding “The One.”
We’ve got all the info you need to make a better, more informed decision. Here is how to choose the right dating agency for you, in 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Know What You Want
Before you start calling dating services, make sure you have a clear picture of the woman you’d like to meet. This will help you narrow down your list of potential dating agency candidates, as some services offer more specialized matchmaking than others.
For instance, if your heart is set on a college-educated, career-focused woman between the ages of 28-32, a more elite matchmaking service geared toward helping single professionals may be the way to go. Is religion or race a factor?
For instance, if you're only interested in meeting Jewish singles, you'd want to take that into consideration when making your decision.
Are you willing to travel, or exclusively interested in local matches? Do you want an active search done on your behalf, or are you okay with personal introductions limited to clients in their database? Knowing the answers to these questions up front will save you time and ensure you choose a matchmaking service that meshes with your particular circumstances.
When you’re first talking with a potential dating agency or matchmaker, the interview process goes both ways. Having a clear idea of your preferences and relationship goals will make it easier for them to express how easy or difficult it would be for them to find you high-quality matches.
Any dating agency worth their salt will ask potential clients questions like these, so give the answers some thought:
- What are your relationship goals?
- What's the basic profile of your ideal partner?
- What’s worked and hasn’t worked in past long-term relationships?
- What are your dating deal-breakers?
- Why are you interested in hiring a dating agency right now?
- How many first dates would you ideally like to go on each month until you meet someone special?
Step 2: Set A Budget
Hiring a professional to introduce you to your perfect match isn’t cheap. You should generally be ready to spend spend a four or even a five-figure sum on a service like this…
With that said, you’ll want to have a decent idea of your maximum budget before you reach out. Some less-than-reputable agencies will charge you more if they think they can, but more legit ones will have a clear, easy-to-understand pricing structure.
Reputable professional matchmakers will also give you a clear idea of where your money will be invested, and there won’t be any hidden fees or other surprises. If they seem to run around your questions about these topics and default to high pressure sales tactics instead, proceed with caution.
When you do find a quality dating service, the investment is well worth it. Here are four of the biggest reasons why:
- Greatly increases your chances of finding “The One". A dating agency gives you access to a far wider range of people than you would meet otherwise, and your matchmaker will vet them for you.
- No more horribly awkward first dates. Theoretically, every first date will be a good experience, since all your matches are heavily pre-screened. Even better - most dating agencies conduct background checks.
- Your self-confidence will get a boost. A quality matchmaking company will also provide image consulting, dating advice, etc. Even if you have to pay a little more for those extra services, it’s knowledge that will benefit you for a lifetime.
- You’ve got an expert “go-to” for advice. No more calling your mom, sister, or gal pal when you’ve got a burning relationship question. Your personal matchmaker is on speed dial.
Step 3: Ask The Right Questions
Approach hiring a dating agency like a job interview. If you just ask them what they have to offer, you will get a practiced sales pitch with little real information. You need to ask the hard questions that give you an insight into what kind of company they really are.
Here are 8 essential questions to ask any dating agency before paying a single dime:
- How long has your dating agency been in business?
- Have you done business under any other name?
- How are potential candidates sourced and screened?
- Will I see photos of potential matches before I meet them in person?
- How much does it cost, and does everyone pay the same price?
- Can I pause the service if I meet someone, and can I come back to pick things where they left off later if it doesn't work out?
- What happens if you simply can’t find enough local matches that meet my criteria?
- How many times have you had to refund a client’s money because you couldn’t provide the promised results? (If the answer is “never,” that should be a major red flag.)
It’s not just about the answers, either. How your questions are handled makes a difference too.
Pay attention to the delivery - do you feel like they ‘get’ you, or are you just getting the same canned response the previous potential client got? Are you at ease with the process, or feeling conflicted about the attitude your subconscious radar is picking up?
You’re about to make an investment of your money, time, and trust. Trust your gut and pay attention to that little voice in your head.
Step 4: Know How To Spot A Bad Apple
When comparing all the different matchmakers and dating agencies, it’s not just about finding the best one.
It is also about weeding out the bad ones. Matchmakers are famous for over-promising and under-delivering. Keep your eyes peeled for those dating agencies that use pretty pictures and extreme optimism to promise things that sound great but aren’t realistic.
If they're ready to get you with your , whom they've told you every last detail about and almost sounds too good to be true, proceed with caution. You may find that once you've signed the contract, that is suddenly off the market.
Smaller companies are often more effective than larger organizations because the process is more personalized than what you'll see from a big bureaucratic business or franchise. Plus, part of your membership fee goes to their fixed business expenses like office space. In other words, the bigger the operation, the greater chance they are factoring in a lot of hidden fees for their back-end expenses.
Finally, consider choosing a dating service that does not attempt to sell you a long-term membership. If they really are going to set you up on a date with your perfect match, why would you need a one or two year membership? It shouldn’t take nearly that long.
As with any sort of investment, do your homework. There’s no shortage of choices out there, and the range in quality is huge. Due diligence saves you money every time. Check out online reviews, forum posts, the BBB, etc. And above all - trust your instincts. If it sounds too good to be true, it very well could be.
Track Records Matter
Whatever dating agency you hire, make sure they’ve got a proven record of success. Here at VIDA, we’ve helped countless guys just like you find the woman of their dreams since 2009.
We are committed to data-driven practices, transparency, and getting results that last forever. If you’d like to invest in a modern dating service that leaves no stones unturned in your search for your perfect partner, you’ve come to the right place.
Intrigued? Click here for your free 20-minute consultation!
Why Choose VIDA Select?
Since 2009, thousands of clients have discovered true love thanks to VIDA Select’s fresh, modern approach to matchmaking – which has finally thrown blind dates and long-term contracts out the window. This isn't your grandmother’s matchmaking!
Instead of working with a single matchmaker using a small rolodex of potential partners, VIDA Select’s matchmaking team taps into the world’s largest database of available singles. We’ll quickly identify the matches who check all of your boxes so you can finally experience true chemistry. Are you ready to become our next success story? Schedule your complimentary consultation now by clicking the button below!